Saturday, January 16, 2010

Knit-out 2010 Mall of America

Okay a big what the heck.  I have only been knitting for 3 years but in those three years I was able to partake in the Knit out at the mall of america twice.  I have been teaching some friends how to knit and making new friends who knit and that is all that I talk about.  After getting 6 of my newly knitting friends pumped up about the event I find out that it is not happening this year.  Every other craft has a big event why do we loose ours.  I know that the turn outs have been a success so its not like the interest isn't there.  I would even bet that attendee's would pay for the event.  I know that the mall isn't the best venue and it was very spread out but for it to only run for 4 years.  Totally not fair.  If i was organized enough I would figure out how to set up a knit-out but i know it would involve a-lot of people.  But I am just so bummed out.  And its not like I need or want anymore yarn but it was so inspiring to see all the people who love the craft and all the different ages.  Oh and the fashion show.  I even got to get up on stage and show off a few things that I made.  Well we just have to hope that enough people will complain and they will bring it back.  Maybe we can get the Glitter Knitter to get something together.  I was just thinking of my best memory and it was the knit out 2 years ago.  I had just started knitting while pregnant and all i could do was sit in my bed knit and watch tv.  At that time there were 3 knitting shows on.  I soon became an avid watcher of Knitty Gritty.  At the knit out I got to meet Vicki Howell.  I was almost star struck.  I felt like such a little school girl but it was so cool.  But come to think about it we have lost our knitting shows and now the knit out.  What's next?  Lambs pride?  UHG.  well i think i have vented enough.   

4 comments:

magpye said...

WHAT? I was just thinking that it was time to look at the class list and plan the time I want to go this year... Bah humbug!

The Irelands said...

That's a bummer, let me know whom to e-mail a complaint to...I would go to a show with ya this year, if one turns up.

Patti said...

Wow am I ever bummed! I look forward to this every year and was just going to book my reservation at the hotel and wanted to find out when the Knit Out started next Saturday. Only I cannot find a thing on the Internet stating there's going to be a Knit Out at the MOA this year! Now I find out there's not going to be one! I am heartbroken!!!!!

Linda said...

What is the deal that the Knit Out was canceled???? Who do you complain to----there were always so many people who came----I can't believe it....