Monday, August 21, 2017

Its a sock, Its a shawl, No its... I don't know what it is.

Okay.  When I worked for StevenBe years ago it was almost impossible to go home with a paycheck. Anyone who has ever been to his shop knows you will always find a yarn that calls to you!  Ah the impulse buy.  My last visit did not disappoint.   However I have not a clue what to make with this delicious ball of sparkly color!  Oh and how could I not find the softest of mohair to match! Best of all.  The color way was the name of my childhood idol....  Wonder woman.  Now making a come back i am thrilled with all the patterns and now a colorway with interest!
Wonder woman from Wild Hare Fiber Studio, Potluck from HedgeHog Fibers 
However here is my dilemma.  I made the purchase with not a clue what to make with them.  How does one even decide with your impulse what the project should be?  I've cast on the Wonder woman skein 5 different times.  2 times were for socks and the other times were different shawls.  Nothing seemed like the right fit and i wanted to incorporate both of these lovelies.  So now it sits starting at me in my yarn bowl begging to be touched and knit into something spectacular. I know that i am not the only fiber artist that does this.  So any suggestions?




No comments: