Monday, January 11, 2010

I am still around.

I applogize for not being around and updating for a while.  Life has been hectek but i have been knitting.  I am still working on finishing some of the christmas gifts that i didn't get done.  Still working on my dad's vest.  I just need to finish the collar.  Will be doing a count soon on how many balls of yarn i have left.  I feel like I have made a pretty big dent in it.  For recent news I just recently suffered an ectopic pregnancy.  Spent 10 hours in the emergency room.  Frustrating but we will get through it.  I am going to make a few changes to the site.  As I am knitting I will be reviewing the patterns or the books that I am using and the yarn.  That way I can look back and have references.  As soon as i get the christmas gifts done i will start up the pattern reviews and blogging everyday.  I might start now though.  Just to keep my mind clear.  Right now i am knitting for myself out of "Hattitude" book "Peaceful"  It is a cable edge kercheif.  I am using Lorna's laces shepherd sock yarn in brick.  It is knitting up great.  It will have alot of stretch to it but the stitches look great and the yarn will not fray or pill.  The only complaint i have of the pattern is in the directions for the edging in row seven it says.  Row 7: purl. Bind off all sts loosely knitwise.  not sure what to do.  Very confusing so i just went with my gut and bound off knitwise assuming that it just meant to work it on a purl row.  This is my project to help me get my mind off of my loss and i will probably be wearing it before I even know if the pregnancy has ended or not.  Happy knitting and see you tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will be announcing a special giveaway.

No comments: